A Collection of Thoughts from an Amarrian in New Eden

Welcome to the Amarrian Pilot blog, written by Ranis Garr. This blog serves as a place for me to put into text my thoughts, opinions, concerns, creations, and rantings about the world of New Eden. From Alliance Politics, to fiction, player quarrels to ship fittings, I plan on including it all. Although some of the posts may be frequent, and some may be few and far between, they will all be part of something I view to be relevant to the universe of New Eden.

Follow me on this blog and voice your opinions on my posts. I love to hear every side of every story, either good or bad, or if you agree with me or not. I want to hear your side.

Enjoy - and remember: Amarr Victor.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blog Banter 22: Corporation Cooperation


Welcome to the twenty-second installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week or so to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to crazykinux@gmail.com. Check for other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!

This month topic is brought to us by L'Dene Bean of Nitpickin's who asks: Why, and how did you pick your corporation? Is your loyalty solid or just until a better placed organization "recruits" you. The shorter version:  Who holds your Unshakable Fealty and why?

Well, first off, let me say that I am excited to post about my first Blog Banter. I’m lucky as this one caught my eye. For anyone who knows me either in real life or in EVE, you will know that I am fervent about organization and team building. I think it stems from what I do in real life. I am fascinated by the level of cooperation that Eve almost forces people to achieve. With that being said, I didn’t pick a corp to join. None out there really appealed to me. I have always been a self starter and I wasn’t going to let Eve be any different.

I’ve formed many-a-corporation in my time in Eve, and I viewed each of them as a sort of trial-and-error. My first corporation, The Interstellar Trade Organization (ITO), failed due to poor foresight in the flaws of the structure that I laid out. The next one, GalSpan Inc (GLSN) failed because of a coup d’état. Each of these failed for very solid reasons and gave me valuable lessons as I moved forward in Eve.

My current Corporation, The New Eden Trade Union is nearing one year in its existence. We have already seen many ups and downs, war decs being some of our best moments, and RL issues taking some of our best away from the game would be considered a down-side. But to answer the question laid out: Who holds your Unshakable Fealty and why? My answer would have to be those who step up and help move our corporation forward.

I have made many friends in real life from this corporation, something that has never happened before with any other virtual organization. A friend in game, John Brutorin, after only 6 short months in NETU, ended up (by complete chance) moving to Colorado (Where I live) and now works with me at my real life job. I am both his supervisor in game and in real life, and Im glad to have him as a friend. Another example of this would be a corpmate of mine who I found out lived 5 minutes from me, and who ended up becoming a very close friend.

It goes beyond that though… people in Eve who show a passion for the game and who also yearn for  fellowship in an organization have my loyalty, not only as a friend, but as their CEO. I owe it to everyone in that organization to not only be a resource for them in game to allow them to have fun and achieve new goals, but also to be a resource for them as a real friend. That friendship between the people in this group is what sets it apart, and is ultimately what makes Eve worth playing. As I have read in peoples Blogs for many months now, the point of Eve is to "Do stuff...with people."

Kinda long and cheesy, but I think it was a good topic and my answer for this first Blog Banter was dead serious.

If you guys want to learn more about our group and see what we’re all about, let us know.

www.netu-eve.com

No comments:

Post a Comment