A Collection of Thoughts from an Amarrian in New Eden

Welcome to the Amarrian Pilot blog, written by Ranis Garr. This blog serves as a place for me to put into text my thoughts, opinions, concerns, creations, and rantings about the world of New Eden. From Alliance Politics, to fiction, player quarrels to ship fittings, I plan on including it all. Although some of the posts may be frequent, and some may be few and far between, they will all be part of something I view to be relevant to the universe of New Eden.

Follow me on this blog and voice your opinions on my posts. I love to hear every side of every story, either good or bad, or if you agree with me or not. I want to hear your side.

Enjoy - and remember: Amarr Victor.

Friday, December 3, 2010

The Burning Life

Just picked up "The Burning Life" today. I'm not sure what to thin about it as I have heard mixed reviews about the book. A corp mate of mine has been reading both this one and "Empyrean Age" and says he likes The Burning Life better. Too much NAMBLA in E.A.

Beforehand I couldn't see myself reading an Eve novel. Something about the idea of reading other people's perceptions of how the fiction of the game might or should be bothers me. Or at least it did. Reading through the first couple of pages I already see references to something that makes me ease up on those reservations though.

"Holoposters"

Like digital picture frames I guess.

One way or another, I guess its about seeing someone's connection to the game and how they perceive how 'life' might be if the game were anything other than fiction. It cant be any different from reading my fellow bloggers' fictional posts or having them read mine.

Guess I caved. Might as well enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment